Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Clinton Accuses Trump Of Inciting Violence

White House candidate Hillary Clinton has accused Donald Trump of "casual inciting of violence" after his remark about gun rights.

At a rally in Des Moines, Iowa, Mrs Clinton said Mr Trump had "crossed the line" by saying there may be something gun rights supporters "can do" to stop her.

Critics said the Republican presidential candidate had advocated that his Democratic rival or her Supreme Court nominees could be shot.

Mrs Clinton, who is leading the race for the 8 November election, told supporters Mr Trump's remark showed he lacks the temperament to be commander-in-chief.

Mrs Clinton said that words matter and "if you are running to be president or you are president of the United States words can have tremendous consequences".

Donald Trump's 'Assassination Threat' Against Hillary Clinton

The US Secret Service has reportedly spoken to the Trump campaign about his remarks.


Syria: Suspected Chlorine Gas Attack In Aleppo

At least four people are dead after a suspected chlorine gas attack on the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.
The gas is believed to have been dropped alongside barrel bombs on the Zubdiya neighbourhood, which is in the rebel-held part of the city.
Hamza Khatib, manager of Al Quds hospital, told Reuters that he had recorded four deaths and 55 injuries.
One of the victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Many suffered breathing difficulties Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Mr Khatib said he was saving pieces of patients' clothing and pieces of the bombs as evidence.
Syria Civil Defence, a rescue service operating in rebel-held parts of Syria, said they had recorded three deaths and 22 injured.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a woman and her child were among the dead.
A video was posted online by the Aleppo Media Centre, an opposition news portal, which showed a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus.
Two men reported a strong smell of gas and said they saw barrel bombs before people began to suffer breathing and eye problems.

Victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Four people are thought to have died in the attack Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Both sides deny using chemical weapons but United Nations investigators say that sarin gas was used in Eastern Ghouta three years ago.
This killed an estimated 1,429 people, including at least 426 children.
In late 2015, mustard gas was used in the conflict, confirmed by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
It is not clear in either case which side was to blame.
Aleppo is in the north of Syria and is the subject of a bitter fight between the rebel forces and those under the command of Syrian President Bashar al Assad.
Last week, rebels broke through a month-long government siege in the city's east, where an estimated 250,000 are living.
A safe corridor for civilians and aid has not yet been created.

Syria: Suspected Chlorine Gas Attack In Aleppo

At least four people are dead after a suspected chlorine gas attack on the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.
The gas is believed to have been dropped alongside barrel bombs on the Zubdiya neighbourhood, which is in the rebel-held part of the city.
Hamza Khatib, manager of Al Quds hospital, told Reuters that he had recorded four deaths and 55 injuries.
One of the victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Many suffered breathing difficulties Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Mr Khatib said he was saving pieces of patients' clothing and pieces of the bombs as evidence.
Syria Civil Defence, a rescue service operating in rebel-held parts of Syria, said they had recorded three deaths and 22 injured.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a woman and her child were among the dead.
A video was posted online by the Aleppo Media Centre, an opposition news portal, which showed a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus.
Two men reported a strong smell of gas and said they saw barrel bombs before people began to suffer breathing and eye problems.

Victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Four people are thought to have died in the attack Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Both sides deny using chemical weapons but United Nations investigators say that sarin gas was used in Eastern Ghouta three years ago.
This killed an estimated 1,429 people, including at least 426 children.
In late 2015, mustard gas was used in the conflict, confirmed by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
It is not clear in either case which side was to blame.
Aleppo is in the north of Syria and is the subject of a bitter fight between the rebel forces and those under the command of Syrian President Bashar al Assad.
Last week, rebels broke through a month-long government siege in the city's east, where an estimated 250,000 are living.
A safe corridor for civilians and aid has not yet been created.

Syria: Suspected Chlorine Gas Attack In Aleppo

At least four people are dead after a suspected chlorine gas attack on the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.
The gas is believed to have been dropped alongside barrel bombs on the Zubdiya neighbourhood, which is in the rebel-held part of the city.
Hamza Khatib, manager of Al Quds hospital, told Reuters that he had recorded four deaths and 55 injuries.
One of the victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Many suffered breathing difficulties Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Mr Khatib said he was saving pieces of patients' clothing and pieces of the bombs as evidence.
Syria Civil Defence, a rescue service operating in rebel-held parts of Syria, said they had recorded three deaths and 22 injured.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a woman and her child were among the dead.
A video was posted online by the Aleppo Media Centre, an opposition news portal, which showed a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus.
Two men reported a strong smell of gas and said they saw barrel bombs before people began to suffer breathing and eye problems.

Victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Four people are thought to have died in the attack Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Both sides deny using chemical weapons but United Nations investigators say that sarin gas was used in Eastern Ghouta three years ago.
This killed an estimated 1,429 people, including at least 426 children.
In late 2015, mustard gas was used in the conflict, confirmed by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
It is not clear in either case which side was to blame.
Aleppo is in the north of Syria and is the subject of a bitter fight between the rebel forces and those under the command of Syrian President Bashar al Assad.
Last week, rebels broke through a month-long government siege in the city's east, where an estimated 250,000 are living.
A safe corridor for civilians and aid has not yet been created.

Syria: Suspected Chlorine Gas Attack In Aleppo

At least four people are dead after a suspected chlorine gas attack on the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.
The gas is believed to have been dropped alongside barrel bombs on the Zubdiya neighbourhood, which is in the rebel-held part of the city.
Hamza Khatib, manager of Al Quds hospital, told Reuters that he had recorded four deaths and 55 injuries.
One of the victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Many suffered breathing difficulties Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Mr Khatib said he was saving pieces of patients' clothing and pieces of the bombs as evidence.
Syria Civil Defence, a rescue service operating in rebel-held parts of Syria, said they had recorded three deaths and 22 injured.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a woman and her child were among the dead.
A video was posted online by the Aleppo Media Centre, an opposition news portal, which showed a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus.
Two men reported a strong smell of gas and said they saw barrel bombs before people began to suffer breathing and eye problems.

Victims of a suspected gas attack in Aleppo Pic: @MahmoudRashwani
Four people are thought to have died in the attack Pic: @MahmoudRashwani 
Both sides deny using chemical weapons but United Nations investigators say that sarin gas was used in Eastern Ghouta three years ago.
This killed an estimated 1,429 people, including at least 426 children.
In late 2015, mustard gas was used in the conflict, confirmed by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
It is not clear in either case which side was to blame.
Aleppo is in the north of Syria and is the subject of a bitter fight between the rebel forces and those under the command of Syrian President Bashar al Assad.
Last week, rebels broke through a month-long government siege in the city's east, where an estimated 250,000 are living.
A safe corridor for civilians and aid has not yet been created.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Heathrow Alert: 300 Security Passes Suspended

Three hundred staff at a company which supplies airline lounge services have had their airside security passes suspended, Sky News has learned.

Those affected are believed to be mainly cleaners and caterers.

Employer, Sodexo, says it is a precautionary measure and it follows news that police are investigating a scam involving airside security passes at Heathrow Airport.

Two young women, thought to be airport workers, have been arrested.

Heathrow said earlier that it had "taken appropriate action" until the police investigation is complete.

Scotland Yard would not reveal details of their suspicions around airside passes, but it is not thought to involve their illegal sale or cloning.

It could be part of a criminal plot - Heathrow was dubbed 'Thiefrow' after a string of thefts - but it will inevitably raise concerns about terrorism.

Ukraine Accused Of Trying To Storm Crimea

Russia has accused Ukraine of attempting to storm into Crimea, the territory seized and annexed by Moscow in 2014.  
Russian officials said one of its spies and a soldier were killed in separate assaults near to the border between Crimea and Ukraine.
President Vladimir Putin said Ukraine was playing a "dangerous game" and had chosen "terror over peace".
He said extra security measures would be put in place.
Vladimir Putin
Vladimir Putin says Ukraine is playing a 'dangerous game'
But Ukraine responded saying that Russia was only interested in causing "more war". 
Ukraine is accused by Moscow of trying to destabilise Crimea in the run-up to elections in the territory and Russia in September.  
Russia seized the Black Sea region from Ukraine in March 2014 and at least 9,000 people have died in the conflict that followed.
The FSB, the Russian spy agency, said that its officer was killed on Saturday near Armyansk by the border between Crimea and Ukraine.
The FSB said its officers engaged with "Ukrainian saboteurs" and 20 bombs, ammunition and mines were found.
The agency said two more groups of saboteurs tried to force their way into Crimea late on Sunday, backed by Ukrainian artillery.
The FSB said one Russian soldier died in the incoming fire. Russia described the incidents as "foiled terrorist attacks".
It accused Ukrainian military intelligence of plotting to target crucial parts of Crimea's infrastructure ahead of the elections.
Ukrainian Security Service chief Yuri Tandit denied the FSB's report, insisting Kiev had no intention of taking back the territory "by force".
Kiev is preparing to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Ukrainian independence on 24 August.
Ukrainian officials suggest Moscow may try to disrupt the celebrations.
They said Russian forces in Crimea were building up near the border with Ukraine.
This "could mean Moscow's preparing for offensive operations", the officials added.