Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Trump: I'd love to make Israel-Palestine peace deal

US President-elect Donald Trump has said he would "love" to reach a peace deal between Israel and Palestine, adding that he would appoint his son-in-law as a Middle East envoy and help broker a deal after he takes charge at the White House.
While Trump said both sides would have to "give up something" during the negotiations to reach an acceptable deal, he promised that he would exercise the US veto "100 percent" of the time at the Security Council.
"I would love to be the one who made peace with Israel and the Palestinians, that would be such a great achievement," Trump told the New York Timeson Tuesday. 
"A lot of people tell me, really great people tell me, that it's impossible, you can't do it. I disagree. I think you can make peace."
It is not the first time Trump has expressed his desire to reach an agreement between the two parties.
In March, speaking at the annual convention for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a notorious pro-Israel lobbying 

No comments:

Post a Comment